Virtual Potrero War is being hosted by The Barony of Calafia, a branch of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. Participants in Virtual Potrero are expected to behave according to the same standards expected at in-person events. This is a family-friendly environment, and content in the official event page and group must be appropriate for participants of all ages. No lewd or offensive commentary or images will be permitted. The Virtual Constables will remove any content that does not meet the posted community standards, and the poster will be notified. Individuals who disrupt the group will be removed.Hosting Guidelines
- The hosts of events will be responsible for moderating their own events.
- The Barony of Calafia and the Virtual Potrero Constables will not be involved in moderating any events outside of the Virtual Potrero War Facebook Group and Barony of Calafia Zoom Accounts.
- Hosts of events are asked to establish and communicate their own set of community standards for their events.
- If individuals are acting disruptively or offensively, the event hosts may remove those individuals at will without the involvement of the Virtual Potrero staff.
- If your event permit participants under 18 years of age, the hosts are responsible for making sure the environment is minor-friendly and does not include adult content.
- If there are issues with individuals in your events, we encourage you to notify the Virtual Potrero Constables team in case the same individuals are being disruptive in other places.
- A background checked adult will be available as a Constables for the duration of the Virtual Potrero Youth Group event hours.
- We will observe the “Two Deep Rule” where a minimum of two unrelated adults will be present for the duration of all activities.
- There will be no one-on-one contact between youth activity leaders and unrelated youths attending.
- All aspects of Virtual Potrero War youth activities are open to observation by parents and
- Proper clothing for activities is required. While garb is not required for this Virtual event all youth participants and teachers must be clothed.
- Warranted Youth Officers or other adults supervising children’s activities have no authority to discipline children.
- Bullying and harassment is prohibited and may not be included as part of any SCA youth activity or ceremony. Bullying is intentional aggressive behavior. Bullying behavior can include teasing, insulting someone (particularly about their weight or height, race, sexuality, religion or other personal traits), shoving, hitting, excluding someone, or gossiping about someone.
Violation of these rules will result in the immediate removal from the Virtual Potrero War Youth Group and Virtual Potrero War 2020 Group. Additionally, any and all complaints will be documented and reported to appropriate authorities within the SCA. If a minor appears to have been the victim of a crime, modern authorities will be contacted.
Minor children below the age of five years should not be left unsupervised by the parent or responsible adult at any time during the class/activity.
Minors 12 and under should be in eyesight/earshot of the parent, designated adult or teenager (as determined by the parent). This “Sight and Sound” policy means the parent or designated adult must be within view of the computer/phone/tablet at all times.
Please note that all classes will be held in a “one way” format during which the teacher and moderator will be visible to the attendees, but attendees will not be visible to the teacher and moderator. All interactions between teacher/moderator and attendees must be through a chat feature.